Annons:
Tag:ย ios-ipados
Read 2290 times
Niklas
2019-09-16 10:39

How to save credit card security code in Keychain

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you have used the iCloud Keychain for storing bank card information, you have probably noticed that there is no field for storing the security codes (Often called CVC/CVV/CVD/CSC codes). Would you trust the security of iOS and iPadOS to store this information? Then I have a trick for you.

Credit card information is stored in Settings > Safari > AutoFill > Saved Credit Cards. The Cardholder, Number and Expires fields are used for auto-filling credit card information in Safari, so you canโ€™t change them, but the Description field is for your personal description of each card. Write the security code somewhere in that field. Then, whenever you pick a card to use with AutoFill, you will see the code to enter in the proper field.

Make sure to secure the sensitive information in your iPad with a good password. Otherwise, using it for storing sensitive data is a bad idea.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
Leia
2019-09-16 12:36

I never trust leaving my bank details anywhere online other than with PayPal and Amazon! Do you use this feature?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-09-16 13:33

Yes, I use it all the time. I trust Apple more than any of Amazon and PayPay, but I use them as well.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

[Joab]
2019-09-16 13:44

Enabling two-factor authentication for your Apple ID  is also a good thing:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย