Annons:
Tag:ย ios-ipados
Read 1473 times
Niklas
2019-06-25 13:54

iPadOS & iOS 13 public beta now available

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you have a iPhone or iPad that you are not dependent on, you might want to try out the public beta of iOS 13 or iPadOS. All you have to do is enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program. It is easy. Open the link below and follow the instructions. I recommend first making a Backup of your device with iTunes.

Be aware that there are bugs in beta software. Do not install beta software on devices that you are dependent on to work.

ยป Apple Beta Software Guide

ยป iOS & iPadOS 13 Beta 2 Release Notes | Apple Developer Documentation

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
jordan
2019-06-25 18:47

It came out much earlier than expected, that's great news ๐Ÿ™‚

Is it just me that is getting a really slow download for iPad OS though? Maybe it is because so many people are attempting it?

Niklas
2019-06-26 09:36

I don't know how long mine took. I left it while I did other things. When I returned, it was finished. - One small issue I found so far was that my typing shortcuts weren't imported. - Some apps have behaved odd graphically, which isn't unexpected. - Having the today view on the first home screen is good. - More icons on the home screen also feel good so far.

Niklas
2019-06-27 12:00

Today Iโ€™m working solely from my iPadOS 13 beta iPad to see how it works. So far, no significant issues.

jordan
2019-06-27 20:04

#2 Yeah for some reason mine took an age to finish, but it could have just been my excitement making the wait seem longer, haha.

After playing around with it for a few days I think it's pretty good. The App icons appearing so small takes a while to get used to, but the fact that so much more can fit on screen makes it worth the hassle. I have noticed some weird graphical issues with dark mode not appearing correctly though, but I'm sure that is something that is already noted.

Niklas
2019-06-28 10:59

Still just a few minor snags here and there. I wish I would dare to install the beta on my work iPad, but I know from experience how frustrating it gets when you find an annoying bug and realize you have to wait until September to get the final OS version. The improvements in Files are welcome. Being able to se for instance EXIF information of photos is very good.

jordan
2019-07-03 01:28

I noticed another issue that may be a burden as well./ For whatever reason the new update does not like video streaming websites, and especially ads. Once one plays, it crashes the app. Kind of annoying but the issue goes away once you re open the app.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-07-03 09:57

I, too, have had a few apps crashing or becoming unresponsive. Some of it may be due to the apps not having been updated for iOS 13.

jordan
2019-07-03 23:04

Do developers work on apps during the beta period to release during that time? I imagine not, but I could be wrong.

Niklas
2019-07-04 12:23

Not for release during that period, no.

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย