Annons:
Tagipad-apps
Read 1668 times
Niklas
2019-06-17 12:23

How to send and receive encrypted email

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Gmail is good at what it does. I haven’t found an email spam filter that works better and it has most of the features anyone wants. One thing Gmail, and similar email services, are not known for, is the protection of privacy. You know their servers process your emails to target ads and who knows what.

There are good free services for when you want to send and receive private emails. ProtonMail is one of them. I heard a podcast recently where the CEO of DuckDuckGo, Gabe Weinberg, recommended ProtonMail as one alternative to the common not secured email services. ProtonMail works online and have apps for your phone and iPad.

I have tried it out briefly and found it easy to use. In addition to the security features, you also have the option to choose a short @pm.me email address. For extra security, you can activate PIN, Touch ID or Face ID protection of the app.

One thing I miss in the app, is a more efficient user interface. In landscape orientation, you can’t see both the message list and an open message at the same time. Having to go back and forth between views feels old.

» Secure email: ProtonMail is free encrypted email.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: