Annons:
Tag:Β other-ipad-related
Read 1689 times
Evelina
2019-05-08 14:42

What can one do with an old iPad mini?

I bought an iPad mini in 2014. It doesn't let me download the majority of apps because the system is too old and I can't update it. What can one do with their old technology. I feel like it is just such a waste. It works perfectly fine. Its the same with an old MacBook of mine. It works fine but I can't update it. 

Is there a way to turn in the old products somewhere or? Confused

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-05-08 15:50

You can connect the iPad to a speaker with an Apple lightning connector and use it as a Spotify (or other music streaming service) station in the kitchen for example.

If you are into home automation, the iPad can be used as a home hub from where you can control light sources, coffee machine etc.

You can easily sell it on an auction site like eBay, Tradera or Blocket. My experience is that used Apple hardware is very easy to sell.

You can use it as an e-book reader.

Leia
2019-05-08 16:10

#1 They are some great suggestions!

#0 Is there any other tech gadgets you think you'd like?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-05-08 16:47

#2 How do you mean? πŸ™‚ Like if I were to buy something new?

Evelina
2019-05-08 16:48

#1 Thanks. We have two google homes but I know my boyfriend had plans to use it as a controller for various things but he never set it up. πŸ˜…

Niklas
2019-05-08 19:54

#1: Great suggestions. #0: The iPad can also be used as an extra display for a Mac. You could dedicate it to an email or messaging window, for instance. Or for playing video or music while you work or do other things. There are several solutions for that. Duet display, Astropad and Luna Display. How old is the Macbook? Do you know what macOS version it runs?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-05-08 20:00

#0: If the iPad mini is anything but the first version (released in 2012) it should be able to run iOS 12. That is pretty good.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-09 17:39

#2 Yeah!

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-05-09 17:48

#7 Hm, ok. I don’t have any tech items that i would like purchase at the moment but in the not so near future i would like to get an Apple Watch, a new computer for my bike, and definately proper noise cancelling head phones! The last one is probably going to be the first thing i buy out of those. πŸ™‚ What about you?

Leia
2019-05-09 18:12

#8 Then I would definitely recommend trying to sell it so you can put the profits towards that instead!  

Here in the UK Apple has a service called 'Apple Trade-In',  they recycle your old devices and give you an Apple Store Gift Card to be used on other Apple devices, great if you're after a watch!

You can check online to see if you're eligible by selecting your device and entering its serial number.  I would always try hedging your bets on selling online first as you could probably get more money that way, but apple trade in could be useful if you're struggling to find a buyer.

However, if you choose not to sell and find a use for it until eventually stops working, I would still recommend taking it into an Apple store as if it’s not eligible for credit, they'll recycle it for free turning it into something good for the planet.

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-06-22 13:26

Luna Display is an interesting way to turn an iPad into a display for a Mac:

Β» Luna Display turns iPad into Mac mini touch screen

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β