Annons:
Tagios-ipados
Read 1514 times
Niklas
2019-05-07 13:11

How to sync iMessages between iPhone and iPad

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you have more than one Apple device, you likely want them to be synced. Messages are one of those things. By default, they are set to not sync between devices. Fortunately, it is easy to change.

In iOS (12 or later) you open Settings > [your Apple ID] > iCloud. Activate iCloud syncing for Messages. Do the same on all your devices. If you are connected to Wi-Fi you will see messages from other devices popping up almost immediately. Otherwise, they will start syncing next time you connect to a wireless network.

Do you have more than one Apple device, like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac or Apple TV?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-07 16:08

I have an iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air! I find this feature super useful however it did prove a little distracting when I was in lectures or trying to do an essay.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-05-08 11:39

#1: I understand. You can set notifications differently on all devices to only be notified when you want to, or just go into flight mode during lectures. Generally, I set notifications to off on my devices. A few people can contact me directly and expect to get a quick reply at almost any time. The rest I want to decide when I see and take care of. It's on MY demand. 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-05-08 22:55

I'm not 100% sure, but for me at least it did synchronize the devices automatically, maybe because it was the same Apple account?

Niklas
2019-05-09 09:21

#3: Do you mean without the toggle being set to active?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-05-10 18:57

#4 Yeah, I never did it knowingly. Maybe the process is now automated somehow?

Niklas
2019-05-10 19:26

Possibly.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: