Annons:
Tagipad-apps
Read 1700 times
jordan
2019-03-09 01:47

Remote Play for iOS... Is it worth the time?

The remote play feature has just launched on iOS devices, coinciding with the 6.50 Update on Sony's Playstation 4 console. What this means is that essentially you will be able to control the console through your Apple device. Seeing as I have the latest iPad Pro, I thought I would give it a try.

Connecting the devices together was actually a really simple task. Simply launch the app, sign in on your PSN account, and make sure that both devices are connected to the same internet network (The PS4 can still be connected via Ethernet, as long as it is the same router).

After a few minutes to set up the connection, it should be good to go! Your devices should be connected, and you should see what you would normally see on your television on your device.

Overall, I would say the experience is okay. Surprisingly, the quality is great (if you have good connectivity), and there is minimal, if any delay. However, I did run into some problems with how the controls are laid out on the screen. It is nigh on impossible to touch L2 or R2 while operating the virtual analog sticks, so it's viability for actually playing some games is limited. If they could somehow bring Support for the Dualshock 4 I would be very pleased.

Do you think this is something that you will use in the future?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-03-09 10:52

I have no PlayStation and no big screen to play on, so I will not use this feature.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-03-13 00:55

Fair enough! The good thing about this though is that you can play on whatever screen your iOS device has, making it accessible even if you don't have access to a TV.

Niklas
2019-03-13 14:08

I see!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-18 21:06

Have you found much use in it now you've had it for a few days Jordan?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-03-18 22:05

#4 Sadly not. As of now, there is not any official Support for Dualshock controllers with the remote play app, which makes using it incredibly fiddly. If I am to game on the move I think I'll stick to my Switch!

Scroll to top
Annons: