Annons:
Tagipad-accessories
Read 2647 times
Niklas
2019-02-20 13:39

SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming Controller

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

This accessory isn't strictly for work. In fact, I can't come up with a single work use case for a gaming controller. If you are into gaming, on the other hand, it can be a lot of fun. 🙂

The controller is pretty straightforward with the buttons and joysticks you are used to. It is paired via Bluetooth, buttons are pressure sensitive, it is charged with a Lightning cable and battery life is said to be 40 hours or more.

Only iOS games in which the developer has built Support for a gaming controller works with Nimbus. That said, there are hundreds of them. Minecraft, Minecraft Story Mode, Real Racing, Leo's Fortune, Alto's Adventure, Asphalt, Farming Simulator, Limbo, Stickman, and many others are supported. Fortnite is not supported yet. If you want to know if your favorite game is supported, there is a ‎SteelSeries Nimbus Companion App on the App Store that lists them all.

Not all types of games benefit from a gaming controller. I think that flight simulators are a game genre that benefits a lot from the game controller. The controller makes it much easier to navigate while operating two guns and changing views at the same time. Games like Minecraft also are a smoother play once you have gotten used to the controller.

The SteelSeries Nimbus Gaming Controller currently is about 50 USD on Amazon. It works with iPad, iPhone and Apple TV.

» Nimbus Wireless Gaming Controller for Apple TV and More | SteelSeries

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
jordan
2019-02-20 21:07

That looks great! As someone who plays far too many games, seeing this controller layout makes me smile, as it is the one I believe makes the most sense (the analog sticks being next to each other. The only thing for me is the actual size of the controller, playing the PlayStation for so many years meant my hands got adjusted to small controllers. Larger controllers become uncomfortable too quickly for me now Crying

Niklas
2019-02-21 10:59

Okay. How small are the small controllers? I don't remember the Playstation ones being particularly small. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-21 13:57

This is a brilliant accessory to have! You could save a lot of money and space by not having to invest in external gaming machines.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-02-21 14:07

With iPad it works great. I would not recommend it for use with iPhones. I think the screen will feel small.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

[Joab]
2019-02-22 09:58

What is the name of the Flight Simulator (?) shown in your photo?

Niklas
2019-02-22 13:24

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-22 13:27

Atypical Games has made a game series called Sky Gamblers, and this is one of the games. I’m thinking of getting one of their faster flight simulators.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-02-22 13:36

Oh, I apparently have ‎Sky Gamblers: Cold War! Can’t remember ever playing it, but it has faster aircrafts.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-02-25 22:30

#2 I would say about 75% of the size of the Steelseries controller? The PlayStation controllers were always known for being on the smaller side, with the Xbox 360 controller considered the golden standard as far as controllers go.

Niklas
2019-02-26 10:03

Okay.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: