Annons:
Tagipad-apps
Read 2472 times
Niklas
2018-10-19 13:48

Are you using a VPN for your iPad or phone?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

A VPN (virtual private network) is a service that shields your internet traffic from outsiders by encrypting it from your device to the websites and services you are visiting. Someone intercepting your internet traffic will only see encrypted garbage. They will not know who or where you are or what sites you are visiting. They will not see your email traffic or what movies you watch. Not what you buy online or what games you play. Not if you are a criminal mastermind or a boring ordinary citizen. :-)

Using a VPN service may be a good idea when you connect to the internet via an unsecured Wi-Fi network, like in a coffee shop, on a train station or at a library. In those places you are at risk of someone eavesdropping on your Wi-Fi traffic to get information you probably want to keep private.

Most people are not using a VPN yet. Are you? Have you considered using a VPN service?

(Photo by Kristina Flour at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Tammie
2018-10-20 08:08

How do you use one? Is it something you plug into your phone or do you use an app? How does it work?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-10-20 10:40

Usually, it is an app you download. When you open it, it will ask permission to install a VPN profile. In some, you have settings you can adjust depending on when you want to be protected. You may not want it to activate when you are on trusted networks, for instance. This short video explains very briefly how a VPN works.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-10-22 21:22

I've never even thought about getting one! I definitely need to become more aware of internet security, do you have a good recommendation for a VPN?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-10-22 22:58

I have considered it many times, but I feel like I don't have a situation that warrants one. I have briefly looked into teaching in China though, and if so I would definitely get one to access my social media accounts.

Niklas
2018-10-24 13:30

#3: I have to get back to you on that. I am in the process of testing a few of them now.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-10-24 21:41

#5 It will be great to hear your thoughts!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: