Annons:
Tagipad-for-work
Read 3055 times
Niklas
2018-04-06 15:29

Using iPad as a professional storyboarding tool

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I found this interview at iMore and thought it was interesting. Rene Ritchie talks to Ron McCallum who has storyboarded Pacific Rim, Star Trek and other movies and TV shows. They talk about the storyboarding job, about iPads, the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

”It arrived, and I started drawing, and I was like, "Right. OK. I get this now. I get it. This is good. I can make this work." I was just finishing off "Ghost in the Shell," and then I think I got a call from "The Strain."”

And further into the interview:

”I managed to do the storyboards on it and I managed to work out a workflow incredibly quickly for being able to do this. I was like, "I think this actually may work," because the Apple Pencil is by far the best drawing experience I've had digitally. This is as close to a real pencil as I've ever experienced, so the iPad Pro basically has changed everything about how I work.”

You can find the whole transcript or the podcast recording through the link below.

Storyboarding for Hollywood on iPad Pro

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
jordan
2018-04-06 16:42

I've had to involve storyboarding before as part of an ICT project. How I wish I could have done it digitally some years later, they were an absolute pain to do for someone with literally no artistic ability Laughing out loud

Scroll to top
Annons: