Annons:
Tagother-ipad-related
Read 2079 times
Niklas
2018-03-27 10:52

Apples spring education event is today

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

From Recode:

“Apple is hosting one of its signature product-unveiling events today, March 27, in Chicago, starting at 10am CT, which is 11am ET or 8am PT.”

Among the things Apple might present is a cheaper iPad.

”A new, cheaper iPad tablet “that should appeal to the education market,” according to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, who says Apple will also show off “new software for the classroom.” Some seem to think it will Support a version of the Apple Pencil stylus, which has been an iPad Pro-only tool so far.”

There will be no live streaming this time, but several sites will live blog about it. iMore is one of them.

Read more about the event at Recode:

What to expect from Apple’s education event

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-03-27 20:16

It is good they've released a cheaper version of the iPad! It has been confirmed that it also supports the Apple Pen now.  Apple’s Schoolwork app lets teachers give out digital assignments to students, will this be the future of our schools? at $300 for the iPad, I still think many schools will not be able to afford the costs.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-03-27 22:53

I agree that a cheaper iPad would be great! Personally I prefer using a laptop for most tasks, but if there was a cheap entry point iPad on the market I would definitely consider it for note taking at university.

Niklas
2018-03-28 09:09

#1: You are probably right that there are many schools that still can't afford iPads. In some countries there are programs to Help schools in poor neighborhoods afford iPads to teachers and students. #2: What are the main things you miss in iPad that makes you prefer to work on a laptop?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-03-28 20:53

#3 I think for me its the added utilities and how comfortable working on Windows is. For instance working on Microsoft Word, with a full keyboard while having access to Google Chrome allows me to be at my most productive.

Leia
2018-03-28 21:19

#4 the keyboard is a biggie for me too.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-03-29 11:06
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I use the iPad with a keyboard when I need one and writing alongside a browser is no problem. My guess is that many, not sure about you, think of how iPad worked previously. :-) Much has happened. What surprise me most is that I seem to be one of few to prefer using my fingers on a screen before a mouse or trackpad.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: