Annons:
Tagipad-apps
Read 2118 times
Niklas
2017-11-14 12:15

How do you store passwords on iPad?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Nowadays most people have several passwords to remember. I have many hundred. For websites, for apps, for credit cards, for devices, for access cards, for routers, and so on.

I take password security seriously. I don’t reuse passwords for several places. I don’t use short passwords that are easy to remember. I don’t only use lowercase letters. I don’t use four digit passcodes if I can use six digits. I change passwords for important things regularly.

All this would be impossible if I didn’t have a system. I use a password manager. Or actually two. A password manager is an app that safely stores passwords and other secrets. It can generate new strong passwords. It can autofill usernames and passwords in Safari. It syncs passwords across all my devices so I always have the current ones wherever I am.

How do you store your passwords?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
[Joab]
2017-11-14 21:46

I'm currently using LastPass. Have been using KeePass and 1Password before, but LastPass suits me best.

Niklas
2017-11-15 22:46

What do you like better with LastPass? I use 1Password since many years but I think it has gotten to complicated. I liked the ease of it in the beginning but now it does too much that I don’t care for. Another app I have tried just a little and liked, is Secrets Touch by Outer Corner.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

[Joab]
2017-11-16 10:58

If I remember right, the free version of 1Password dropped a couple of features a while ago. I think one of the dropped features was syncing of passwords to many devices. At that point I started to evaluate Lastpass. I liked it already from start. In the free version it supports password sync to many devices, it runs as smoothly on Windows as on Apple devices. The integration of Lastpass in Chrome (my default browser) is good. I don't miss any feature that 1Password had over Lastpass.

Niklas
2017-11-16 12:08

Thanks!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

[Joab]
2019-04-25 08:50

I have swapped out Lastpass now. I'm now using Bitwarden on all devices. My reasons for swapping was that

* Bitwarden is an open source project
* Where Lastpass failed to autofill my credentials, Bitwarden does it fine.
* Exporting my Lastpass database to Bitwarden was easy and took 1 minute.

Niklas
2019-04-25 10:00

I too have swapped out Lastpass. My current password manager is iOS Keyring. It’s not perfect but its ubiquitous in a way that suits me. #5: Does Bitwarden have iOS and macOS apps?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-04-25 10:24

Yes, Bitwarden supports pretty much every platform:

https://bitwarden.com/#download

If I were on Apple devices only, I would stick with iOS Keyring.

Niklas
2019-04-25 11:41

Okay. Thanks! 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: