Annons:
Tagipad-for-work
Read 2077 times
vendelay
2017-09-30 21:34

Downside with iPad?

I've read a lot on this site and learned a whole lot of great things about iPads! Do you know any downsides or maybe some advantages other companies that make the same kind of product have? If you could change anything with the iPad, what would you change or improve? I thought it could be interesting Laughing

Annons:
Niklas
2017-10-01 12:24

When it comes to other brands of tablets I have too little experience to be a reliable source. All I have is second hand information.

There is one thing that I think would be a problem with Android tablets and phones. When new versions of Android are released, very few seem to upgrade. In iOS upgrade rates are very high and even quite old devices can be upgraded.

When it comes to improvements I would wish for, there are mostly small things like:

• No physical home button. I would prefer one like on iPhone 7 or possibly Face ID, like on iPhone X.

• Water resistance. On very few occasions I would like to be able to read if I wait for a bus when it’s raining or just carry it with me without a bag. Or to rinse my sons iPad in water when it gets messy. This could be fixed with waterproof cases but they mostly are too bulky.

• Week long battery life would be nice. Not that it is a big problem charging it every night. It lasts ten hours on one charge.

• I really would like to be able to run Xcode on iPad and not just only on a Mac. Xcode is Apples development platform for apps. I think that is the only thing I would like to do that I can’t do on iPad now. It is possible to run and program Swift though via Swift Playgrounds.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2017-10-01 12:27

Remember that I’m am heavily biased. I like and use iPad every day. It’s like an extension of my body. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: