Annons:
Tagios-ipados
Read 2818 times
Evelina
2017-05-30 12:28

Do I need to buy iCloud Storage?

Hi, I own an iPad mini, MacBook and iPhone. I read your discussion about how to manage iCloud storage, however I have a question about my photos. Photos and videos are my problem when it comes to storage. My question is what is the best why to keep all the photos from my devices but not have to pay for more storage? ICloud is pretty confusing to me, I dont really get the point. Should I import all my photos to my MacBook and then delete them from my other devices? Are there any other free alternatives for online storage for photos, in case something happens to my MacBook?

Annons:
Niklas
2017-05-30 15:14

Do you know how much space all of your videos and photos need?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2017-05-30 16:16
Niklas
2017-05-30 19:58

Aha, that's almost nothing. :-) I would use Dropbox or Resilio Sync to copy all photos and videos to your Mac. You probably have way more than 4 GB free there. Then I would copy them to at least one external hard drive or memory card for Backup. Preferably two, so you have three copies of every file. You can store one of them at another location than the rest to make them less vulnerable if your house burns down.

Cloud storage is good but I wouldn't trust a free service with it. What you could do instead is set up Resilio Sync (free for personal use) on your Mac and have a sibling, parent or friend do the same. Then each of you share a folder with the other and put everything you want to Backup there. That way both you and your friend will have a copy of the files on your computers at different locations. If you also Backup your own computers to an external medium, there will be four copies of every file in at least two locations. That is usually enough to feel pretty confident.

Resilio Sync is fast so it's no problem to sync between computers on different sides of the globe. The important thing is that they are online at the same time at least once a day so they can sync with each other.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2017-05-30 20:04

Regarding your confusion with iCloud. It is like a computer you can have your devices sync via. iCloud Drive is a part of that computer where you can Backup files as well.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2017-05-30 22:19

Okay, great thanks a lot! Resilio Sync sounds nice. I have never heard of that. I use Dropbox now for school work, but never thought about using it for anything else.

Evelina
2017-05-30 22:20

Btw, I was on my phone when I posted the question and then went back to edit it. Now there are two versions, you may want to delete the other 🙂

Annons:
Niklas
2017-05-30 22:59

#5: You probably have heard of BitTorrent. They created BitTorrent Sync and later put it in a separate company, Resilio. In Dropbox there is a photo Backup feature in the iPhone app. You can use it to Backup your photo album. #6: Sure, I'll take care of it.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: