If you write a lot you need a good text editor or word processor. Historically a text editor was used for editing, not formatting, while a word processor could do it all but with added complexity. Now there are really advanced text editors that let you do formatting on the fly with almost no effort.
I call Ulysses a text writing tool because it is capable of so much more than just writing and editing text. Here are some of the things that are important to me:
- Works on iPad and iPhone as well as MacOS.
- Syncs across all devices via iCloud.
- Handles markdown and markdown XL.
- Works with hardware keyboards and supports plenty of keyboard shortcuts.
- You can insert images, links and footnotes.
- Works with Dropbox.
- Exports to Word (docx), PDF, ePub e-books, rich text format (rtf), plain text and HTML.
- Can publish to Medium and Wordpress from within the app.
- Supports export styles that let you customize the output any way you want.
Where do you do your writing in iPad? The Notes app? Pages? Post a comment below.